As We stand on the shoulders of like-minded men who acknowledged and advocated that brotherly love, relief and truth were character traits that formed the foundation for a productive, relevant and service filled life.
The Grand Lodge of North Carolina, Free and Accepted Ancient York Masons was organized under the National Compact, March 1, 1870 in the city of Wilmington, NC with the following officers: James Walker Hood, Most Worshipful Grand Master; Edward R. Dudley, Right Worshipful Deputy Grand Master; George B. Willis, Right Worshipful Grand Senior Warden; Hezekiah Reed, Right Worshipful Grand Junior Warden; Olive M. Roane, Right Worshipful Grand Treasurer; J.J. Sawyer, Right Worshipful Grand Secretary and A.J. Henderson, Right Worshipful Grand Tyler.
James W. Hood, Stewart Ellison, G.H. White, Elijah Lane, E.R. Dudley, R.E. Clements, W.F. Debnam, M.M. Peace and J.T. Howe, were the corporators of the Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Ancient Masons of North Carolina under the leadership of Grand Master James H. Young whose incorporation was ratified by the General Assembly of North Carolina on the 9th day of March 1897.
Under the leadership of Grand Master George C. Carnes, a unanimous vote was taken in the city of Wilmington, NC on the 9th day of December 1958, at the Grand Lodge Session to merge the Prince Hall Grand Lodge Free and Accepted Masons of North Carolina, Inc. and the Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Ancient Masons of North Carolina, and on the 10th day of June 1959, the name of the surviving organization was The Prince Hall Grand Lodge Free and Accepted Masons of North Carolina, Inc.
On the 26th day of June 1999, the name of the Grand Lodge was changed to The Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons of North Carolina and Jurisdiction, Inc. under the leadership of Most Worshipful Grand Master Marvin D. Chambers.